Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Citrus Quilt

 After the excitement of starting to quilt the Churn Dash Quilt that I posted about yesterday, I decided to just keep sewing!  Here's the next group of quilt blocks that I had sitting in a box for a few years from the Block Swap Adventure all in a top!

On my WIP Wednesday list I think I call this the orange and yellow blocks from the Block Swap Adventure.  This is definitely a happy little quilt to brighten a winter day.  As with many swaps, I think the reason that I put off putting this quilt together for so long was that I didn't feel that there were enough blocks for a quilt (I have three left over that may land on the back.)  Also, some of the blocks were not the right size.  A little strip here and there fixed that problem.  Some of them even look as though they are on purpose! 

I'm almost positive that this quilt will be quilted with yellow thread as well since I liked it so much on the Churn Dash quilt.  

Next to decide on what to do to make a back.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a pretty cheerful quilt, especially with all the gray we have had. The blocks go together surprisingly well for such different blocks.

patty a. said...

What a cute quilt top! When I belong to a quilt group I would win the block of the month once in a while. I would do the same as you did - add a piece here and there to make the block the right size. You are on a roll!

Kathy S. said...

I love the citrus fabric that I used. It seems to pull them all together and not clash. It was in my yellow bin. It was too light to be orange even though there are oranges on it. It's definitely a happy quilt.

Kathy S. said...

I do feel I'm on a roll. Yes, I still have a few Block Lotto blocks that need put into quilts. Most of them are very close to the correct size -- that's amazing for blocks coming from all over the world.