Thursday, February 24, 2022

St. Patrick's Day Table Topper

I saw a similar mini quilt on Instagram this week.  This is inspired by Primrose Cottage Quilts.  Check out their cute holiday-inspired designs in the Primrose Cottage Quilts Etsy Shop!  They are sooooo much cuter than mine!  I decided I would use some of my favorite shades of green and make this cheery table topper.  


It measures 20" square.  I quilted it experimenting with free-hand loopy loops.  Hind sight I probably should have put those darker squares in each corner.  I think it's still cute the way it is.  I had enough of the  hat green print for the back and binding. 


Ta-dah!!!  I started this project on Tuesday night when I took my fabric to cut and my graph paper to the school parking lot as I wanted from 6-8pm while our son was at the school dance.  (He got into trouble and lost privileges to having his phone.  He thought he would get it back if he went to the dance... NOPE.). He had a great time.  I'm so happy he can maneuver and be independent to enjoy events such as a dance.  I sat under the big lights and made good use of my time.  This project went so fast it never even landed on my WIP list.

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers.


3 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This is as cute as a button, Kathy. Beautiful job and so festive.

patty a. said...

Another cute finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing the link for your wee little table topper, Kathy. (Maybe 20" isn't very small, but I just HAD to say something that sounded Irish.) That turned out SEW cute!!