Sunday, February 6, 2022

The Wonky String Quilt is Complete

 I'm excited to share that the wonky string quilt is complete.  Woohoo.  


I finished the binding last night.  I took it outside for some snow pics.



I walked further up the driveway and finally found a small spot of sun to show off the quilt colors.


Morning sunrise showing off the freshly plowed driveway (last night).


This time of year I get to send my husband texts like this.  He doesn't need words when he sees this.  But he does know where my truck is stuck and where it slid off of the icy driveway covered with snow.  I am so thankful for his patience and his skills as a mechanic and equipment operator.  I'm truly blessed (as are several of our neighbors.)

Sometimes people think that I am lazy that I drive half way to the chicken coop.  What they don't realize that at this time of year the hydrant freezes and I have to carry a five gallon bucket of water up the hill.  I also make sure the chicken get all the good scraps from the kitchen.  The snow is over my boots right now.


I quilted it with a gentle all-over stipple.  The binding is the same blue fabric I used for the sashing.


I made the back in January during "red" month for the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge.). I used up large chunks of red fabrics and made a pieced back.  I think it worked out perfectly.  I can't think of a better place for this big chunk of paisley print.  This quilt measures 54" x 67".


This was a stale WIP that was started on New Years Day, 2014.  I committed myself to work on it every Sunday until it was complete.  Now I have a finished quilt!  This process is really working for me.  It was a pattern called Sonja's Windows.  I decided to change the design so that I could finish it easier.  I'm totally  happy with this wonky string quilt that is ready to be donated to a charity.

I've already decided that my next quilt to dedicate myself to on Sundays will be Full Stop (the RSC21) design by Angela at SoScrappy.

Since this method is really helping me finish some stale projects, I'm actually thinking about having a Sunday Linky Party.  I haven't thought of a catchy name.  Is anybody interested in joining the party if I do?

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's always so much fun to celebrate a finish! Cute quilt and a wonderful donation, happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This is a fun and happy quilt - congratulations on your finish! I like the way you called it a "stale" project - that Sunday plan really is working well for you. I haven't considering doing something like that on Sundays, but it is a good idea!