Saturday, February 19, 2022

RSC22 -- Teal & Light Blue

I'm still cutting scraps from other projects to make 3.5" rail fence blocks.  Here's 40 aqua/light blue blocks.  I didn't fussy cut anything on purpose.  I do like the Sponge Bob and the fish that are happy little surprises in these blocks.  545 of 900 blocks complete.


The reason that I don't have that many teals and aqua scraps in my collection is because during RSC21 I started making the Gobble Gobble (pattern by Lori Holt) quilt.  I'm excited that I pulled it out and loaded it onto my longarm frame this week.  There are so many fun aquas and teals in this quilt.  I didn't follow the rules for the sashing of this quilt and just continued to use random lengths of left over 2.5" pieces.


You can tell there are different sized pieces in the 2.5" strips at this angle.


I am quilting it with BRIGHT BLUE thread.  This is a little out of the norm for me, but I LOVE how this looks.  I may be quilting with more bright colors in the near future.  This is fun.  The quilting pattern is called Egyptian Eye. 


This is a gorgeous color blue in my opinion.  Outside yesterday our 14" of snow was busy melting in 55 degree Ohio weather.  Most areas in the yard and fields have a glaze of snow on top.  The out areas and driveway are a MUDDY ick color.  This color definitely brightens my day as the sun is shining!


I finally participated in one of the Project Quilting 2022 challenges.  This challenge was called Mining for Diamonds.  You can read all about it on my blog post here. It measures 60" x 7" to fit our shelf in the living room.  Below is a photo of it on the shelf.








I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.


IMAGE NAME


9 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I'm excited you loaded Gobble Gobble!! that is adorable!!!
I want to see the whole thing!!! ( finished of course, so no pressure haha)

Maggie said...

Beautiful quilt on the long arm and the thread colour is bright and beautiful.

Jenny said...

I love your Gobble Gobble quilt, this is looking great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your turkey quilt, and the fun bright border you put on it! Bright blue thread sounds like the perfect color for quilting it, too!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cute rail fence blocks, love seeing Spongebob there. Your Gobble Gobble quilt steals the show! Great quilting, and beautiful blue thread.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gobble gobble looks terrific with the blues. The rail fence blocks are coming along! It was very cold here yesterday, teens, with 50 mph gust blowing fine snow everywhere.

Ivani said...

Love seeing your Gobble Gobble top on the longarm quilting frame. You chose the perfect fabric for it's borders and the thread for quilting too.
All those rail fence are cute, there are pretty aqua fabrics there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

As much as I like AQUA/TEAL for the RSC, I really LOVE all those spotty, dotty fabrics!!! Best of luck with the finishing, Kathy.

Jennifer said...

your gobble gobble quilt is great! i need to remember to make one of those... looking forward to next month's color...