Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Stay Centered Is On the Frame

Today I loaded my Stay Centered quilt onto the longarm frame.  I got up before the sun.  I didn't expect to get much quilting done because my stitch regulator seems to skip when it is cold.  I left the machine run the whole time I loaded the quilt.  I selected a quilting template without a lot of swirls.  It stitched perfectly!


I started the Stay Centered quilt as part of the RSC21 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2021.) I'm so happy that it has made it to this point so quickly instead of lingering on my WIP list.  I am quilting it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Egyptian Eye.  I really like how it looks on all those neutrals.
You can find the free pattern download for Stay Centered on the APQS site here.

The quilt cats watched from the rough cut lumber outside the window.   All our cats are outside cats, but they are very social.







3 comments:

patty a. said...

Sounds like you figured out how to keep your longarm happy and not skipping stitches when it is cold - excellent! Love the quilting design on that quilt!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very lovely, Kathy! I like yours better than the pattern picture. Warming up the machine is always good.

Needled Mom said...

I really like how this turned out. It’s such fun quilting!