Sunday, February 13, 2022

Full Stop Progress

 The next quilt on my WIP list that I have decided to work on a little each Sunday is Full Stop.  Full Stop was designed by Angela at SoScrappy as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2021 -- RSC21.

I have five of the eight rows assembled.  Three more rows to go.


If you haven't heard of the RSC, come join the fun each Saturday on Angela's blog here.  It's fun to play with scraps of the color of the month and see what everyone posts.  There's lots of fun and inspiration of so many quilts.  February is aqua/teal month.  I plan to make a scrappy pieced back in those colors for this quilt.  That will bust a few more scraps so that I can put the bin away without it overflowing.

It also warmed up enough for me to get into the quilt room and load my Cabins by the Lake (a Fons & Porter pattern) onto the longarm frame.  (My husband also helped with fixing my temporary heater that gets the room warm fast for a short period of time.) I quilted 25% of the way on the quilt.  This is my OMG (one main goal) to finish for February.  The binding is made.  I'm well on my way.  Just because this quilt project was stale for quite a while, I don't want the quilt to come to a halt. Bring on a February finish.


I am quilting it with my giant template board from Circle Lord called Egyptian Eye.  This board is not giving me any issues with stitches skipping when the machine is still slightly cold.  The curly and swirly patterns and all-over stipples are still showing signs of skipping stitches.  Hmmm.  This will work fine for this quilt.  it looks like the wind is blowing past the cozy cabins.

I'm linking up at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!

Quilting is more fun than Housework


7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Great progress on your #FullStop quilt. It will be a flimsy soon. So glad you were able to make progress on your OMG. Every step forward is a win!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Full Stop is looking great! I love your background fabric. It's time for me to get back to that one, too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Full stop looks fun and graphic. Hate skipping stitches. And breaking threads.

Karen's Korner said...

Your quilting reminds me of wood grain....a good choice for the houses. Full stop is progressing well.

patty a. said...

Full stop is coming along nice! It is going to be a fun quilt. That is great you have the Cabins on the longarm.

maggie fellow said...

I like your choices for full stop - it will be great

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun, fun, Kathy!!! Best of luck finishing it up.