Friday, February 4, 2022

From the Heart -- A Friday Finish

I finished this little quilt called From the Heart.  The design is by Pam Buda.  The pattern was free for a short time.  You can find it now at Heartspun Quilts.


I gave this little quilt to my sister-in-law.  She LOVES to decorate by the month and is awesome at it.  It was a little gift to not only celebrate Valentine's Day, but also her sobriety day.  She has been sober since 2/11/2015!  I think that is an amazing task!  Congrats, Jo!  Here it is on her kitchen table:


I backed it and bound it with the same fabric that was on the front.  I longarm quilted it with 1" lines (give or take).  I forgot to measure it before I gave it to her.  Mini quilts are so satisfying.  They are on and off your list before you know it.

Oh, and did you see the little design on her kitchen chairs?  Hmmm.  I'll have to surprise her someday and make something that matches that!



I'm linking up with:

Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty

Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your gift was SEW sweet, Kathy!! It fits just right on her table. Making something with that chair design would be super cute, too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a sweet gift!! I really like that block and the was you used it is wonderful!

Needled Mom said...

That turned out so cute and Jo did a nice job using it. I think that chair design would be perfect for a quilt!

grammajudyb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grammajudyb said...

That is a cute little mini! Good job, Kathy! And congrats to Jo!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a generous and thoughtful gift. It compliments (pun intended) Jo's accomplishment and decor.