Friday, February 18, 2022

Cabins by the Lake is Complete

I'm super excited to have finished my OMG (One Main Goal) for February already.  This quilt is called Cabins by the Lake.  I started this quilt about 2017ish.  I found the Ziplock bag project in one of my project totes.  I decided that I would commit to make one block each week and post about it each Sunday.  This plan really worked for me.  Now it's a finished beauty.  It measures 61.5" x 79".


I longarm quilted it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Egyptian Eye.  On this quilt it makes me think about the wind whipping past all the cabins.


I backed it with a plaid flannel.  It's very soft and cozy.


This was quilt #7 on my American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge.  #7 was selected for February.

The flannels used were from a layer cake I won years ago.    It's been so long I can't remember the giveaway or the fabric line to give them credit.  :(. Sorry.  Some of the fabrics are cotton and not flannel such as the sashings and cornerstones.

Cabins by the Lake is a pattern from Fons & Porter Magazine.  It is even a cover quilt.

I'm linking up with:


Off the Wall Friday  with Nina Marie
Peacock Party  at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun  at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday  at Alycia Quilts

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your cabin quilt is beautiful! It looks so warm and snuggly, good to use this time of year. Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out fabulous! I love that quilting design too! Another good job done!

Karen said...

I love your cabins! And, I like your plan for getting some of your projects moving along!

Needled Mom said...

It’s beautiful, Kathy. I’ll bet it feels heavenly too.

Jenny said...

Your cabins look wonderful, and I love the quilting design, certainly looks like a storm whipping by. It's always such a great feeling to move along a project which has been sitting there for a while, and getting a finish. Well done.

Cathy said...

Another beautiful finish, Kathy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great quilt! and the photo against the snow makes all those colors just shine!