Saturday, August 20, 2022

RSC -- One Lonely Orange Block...

 I just realized that I was behind in making orange blocks for my HST Three, Six, Nine quilt.  I have only made one block!  Oh dear.  I'll need to work more on that this week if time permits.


In my flower world, the seeds that a friend gave to me that someone gave to her are blooming.  Her friend called them Mexican sunflowers.  This is also the lady that gives me one quilt a month to longarm for her. It's not the best photo.  I just drove my truck up into the field to take the photo.  You can see a big shadow of the truck.  Looks like there are some cute little xenias blooming there too.  :). The deer have been eating the tops off of the regular Mamouth sunflowers.


In other RSC news, I have a few more rows to quilt on this waffle block quilt.  These blocks go together quickly.  I used 2.5" blocks for the squares and 8.5" strips of the same color of the RSC color.  I had enough blocks to make two crib quilts.


I also finished the quilting on my GO! ABCs quilt.  I quilted it with clam shells.  I have selected and cut pieces of red, scrappy binding.  Hopefully this will be a finish by the end of the month because I have set it as my OMG (one main goal) to finish for August with the group at Elm Street Quilts.  The GO! ABCs throw quilt pattern is a free pattern in the Accuquilt site here.

I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the here.


IMAGE NAME

5 comments:

Sara said...

That ABCs quilt looks like such fun! Great colors too!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the Mexican sunflowers! I grow them from seed and the monarchs love them. However, the rabbits this year ate all the seedlings. I have been buying lots of poultry netting fencing this year. Great finishes!

Ivani said...

I like the colorful letters against the dark background on Go! ABC quilt. Those dark orange Mexican flowers on your field are beautiful And, waffle baby quilt is so cute. Well done, Kathy. Have a nice weekend.

Deb A said...

What a fun quilt that ABC is! I know you can get it finished this month. Hope your son is having a good school year.

Sandy Panagos said...

The dark background on the ABC quilt is nice. I like it!