Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Draperies Quilt Complete

 I cranked up the heat in the quilt room and finished the longarm quilting on my friend's quilt today.  I call this the draperies quilt because the focus fabric came from her daughter's re-purposed drapes.  I'm happy they were a nice quality of quilting cotton.


She had enough of the focus fabric for the entire backing.  Woohoo!  AND it was large enough!  I quilted it using my Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.  Of course that is my most requested design that I put on quilts for friends.  I'm happy that it is done.  She should have time to finish it before Thanksgiving so that she can gift it without shipping it while her family is in town.

I'm happy to cross this off of my To-Do List.  I'm linking up with Texas Quilt Gal for To-Do Tuesday.

The things I need to do this week are:

1.  Finish a pieced back for the Gobble Gobble quilt.
2.  Quilt the Botanicals improv table topper.
3.  Make a purple block with a piece of white in it for an RSC crib quilt.
4.  Make a house block by Sunday.
5.  Put the purple block together with the other five colored blocks and add a border to RSC quilt.


5 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Swirls looks great on your friend's quilt, Kathy. Congrats on your finish and good luck with your list this week!

Ivani said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish, Kathy.
Have a great week.

Needledmom said...

She’ll be so happy to gift it in person. Sounds like a busy week ahead.

Ratana said...

I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ

Linda said...

I love those swirls! What a wonderful repurposing of such pretty fabrics, that quilt turned out beautiful. Good luck with your goals this week.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!