Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thanksgiving Morning Sewing

 Ahhh.  The turkey is ready to stick in the oven.  I made the extras such as 7-layer salad, deviled eggs, cheesecake, and Dirx pudding yesterday.  Before the parade I had a little quiet time and did a little sewing.  I finished the three purple blocks for my Stay Centered quilt.  


I'm making a lot of great progress using purple scraps these days.  No school until Tuesday.  I hope I get a little extra sewing in this weekend.  My Christmas shopping locally is pretty close to being done.  I just need to grab a few gift cards and do a little online shopping.  Woohoo!  I'm usually an early shopper.  I might even get them wrapped if my husband takes our son for a ride somewhere this weekend.  Something's gotta need parts, right?  It's just that our son is getting so clever on finding unwrapped gifts.  I need to get them wrapped soon.  He wouldn't dare unwrap them.  His OT skills are awesome, but I don't think he'd be able to re-wrap it like an 8-year old (meaning that I wrap like an eight-year-old.  LOL)

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!  Praising God for all the blessings in our lives.


3 comments:

kathy said...

What is drixx pudding?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy, blessed, Thanksgiving to you and your family! Grateful for you and all that we have shared! Turkey in the oven here!

Kathy S. said...

Kathy, For some reason my family has called it Dirx pudding for almost 30 years. Most people now days call it Dirt Pudding. Here's a recipe very similar to the one I make. (Mine has more butter, less milk, and uses Jello instant French Vanilla pudding instead of vanilla. We also make sure we use Cool Whip.
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dirt-dessert/