Thursday, November 11, 2021

Mini Challenge!

 I had time to read some blog posts yesterday.  I came across one of my regular blogs Joyful Quilter.  Joy posted about a cute table topper she made for TWO challenges.  I just happened to find this bag of fun neutrals while looking for my novelty Thanksgiving fabrics for the back of my Gobble Gobble quilt.


I am joining the October Monthly Mini Challenge at The Constant Quilter in conjunction with The Monthly Mini Maker Baggie Challenge at Rogue Quiler's blog.

I recently got the book, Scrappy Improv Quilting.  There's a little mini in there called Botanics that would be a great spot to use these fun neutrals.  Time to sew up some made fabric for this mini.  Woohoo!


My first step in the rules was to lay out the fabrics neatly so that you could see the "before" fabrics in the baggie.  I can add a neutral and one other fabric.  My neutral will be a strip of black for a step.  My one other fabric will be a solid or tone on tone green for leaves.  






3 comments:

Karen said...

That looks fun! I am curious to see how it develops.

patty a. said...

Turning those scraps into something useful will be wonderful!

Linda Swanekamp said...

All those neutrals are sure inspiring!