Wednesday, November 17, 2021

WIP Wednesday 11.17.21

 I've been quite productive lately.  Here's what happened this week:

I threw together a mini called Botanical from the book Scrappy Improv Quilting.  This is just the flimsy that measures 24" x 24".  I think it will look cute on my kitchen table.

The above Botanical project started by working out of this scrap bag of small strips of neutrals.  After I pieced everything and fluffed up what was in the bag, there is still plenty more to play with.  I can see myself breaking out for a squirrel project and making a few more projects from the book, Scrappy Improv Quilting.

I finished the longarm quilting on my friend's quilt yesterday.  I call it the Draperies Quilt because it was made from her daughter's re-purposed draperies.  Luckily it was a nice quilting cotton.  I quilted it using my Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.

While sorting projects for the RSC I found this "rescue" quilt that my sister-in-law got at a garage sale for free.  I eventually throw it on the longarm frame.  It does add an item to my project list.  I'll call it Rescue Quilt.  The snow from this weekend has melted.  It is supposed to get up to 63 degrees today.  Ohio...  I will most likely experiment with a 60" fabric that is not cotton in my stash.  I have tons of stuff people didn't want that I can experiment with.  A soft fleece would work for this quilt nicely.  Hope I have one piece long enough.

I made a list of 2022 projects (all but two are already on my list) for the RSC22.  I am telling myself that if I finish two of them that I will allow myself to start two more.  I have been sooooo good this year about not starting too many new projects.  You can see the RSC22 list here.   

21 more rail fence blocks were made as leader/enders this week.  218 of 900 complete.  They are 3.5".

I am progressing a house a week for the Cabins by the Lake quilt from Fons & Porter magazine.  This is house #6.  Working on one block a week for this project is a great strategy for me.

We had our first snowfall!  Everything looks so clean and peaceful.  Yet I know there is a bunch of mud under all this pretty snow.

I'm linking up at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers 306.

I still stand at 49 projects on my WIP list.  I'm very happy that projects are progressing to the "need quilt backs" and "ready to longarm" sections.  Woohoo.  That means more finishes for 2022!

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.   GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Stay Centered started February, 2021
14.  Rail Fence Blocks 218/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) six house blocks complete.
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019   
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need one purple block for a crib quilt
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017 (need 6 more blocks for 6 x 8 layout)
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021 (back made 11.15.21)
3.  Botanical from Scrappy Improv Quilting, November 20217.  
4.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I drove down to PA on Sunday in the snow because my daughter was in labor. Missed the birth, but am taking care of the 3 yr. old. Snow is all gone and today is warm. Love the scrappy neutrals in the quilt background. How about scrappy greens for the leaves? You always have something real interesting going on.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous view with that snow! I love your pretty Botanical. I get such a warm fuzzy knowing that rescue quilt will get finished! Your cabin is really cute. I love working on one block a week - that way I don't get bored - haha!

Susan said...

Botanical came out really well!