Saturday, November 6, 2021

Gobble Gobble Progress and RSC21

 I made some progress on putting my Gobble Gobble quilt together this week.  I worked on this quilt during the yellow month, orange month, and the light/bright blue month.  Now it's time to get it together.  It's still not a useable size for our family as a living room throw.  We're all taller than 5'8" now.  I will continue with more borders.  I went a little out of my comfort zone with the scrappy sashing, but I really like it.  I have three bins of blue, but I'm running out of this color family of blues.


I also worked on it during one of the green months of the RSC, but I didn't think there was enough contrast for the "Gobble" block and made a replacement yellow one this week.  See...


I'll end up using that green "Gobble" block in the back or possibly in the border (but most likely on the back).

I also worked on some rail fence blocks for my RSC project.  These are just random colors from recent projects that I had in the scrap basket.  The scrap basket is getting out of control.  I made 27 of them as leader/enders this week.  That makes 197 of 900 complete.


I need to do some thinking of what projects I will be working on for 2022.  Tune in next week for a list with photos.  Today I'm linking up on Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC21.

SoScrappy





5 comments:

Ivani said...

Gobble Gooble is a happy quilt.
OMG 900 blocks for a Rail Fence quilt, What is the size you are making them?
Have a great weekend,Kathy.

Sara said...

Gobble gobble is so cute!! The yellow letters do show up a lot better, and the green ones would be very creative on the back. A fun surprise!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A list with photo a month and a half before the end of RSC21?!?! I'm impressed, Kathy. Congrats on your Gobble progress (and I absolutely LOVE the scrappy sashing!!)

Jennifer said...

love this quilt! somehow i'm jsut now seeing some of these gobble gobble quilts popping up around, but I really like it! maybe I'll make one...
how about a "scrappy" brown border to start bringing it up to size? (even wider on top/bottom for the tall folks in your family) brown is a nice complement to sky blue...
looking forward to the finished project!

Jenny said...

What a fun quilt Gobble Gobble is with those colourful turkeys. I think you are right to replace the green words with the yellow, it certainly stands out better. As you say, the other row is just right to add to the backing.