Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Turkey Tuesday! -- Gobble Gobble

 I'm excited I got all of the Gobble Gobble quilt top completed today.  I put all the scrappy blues together this weekend, added a red inner border to tie it all together, and found this great dotted fabric in my blue fabrics bin!  Score on this border fabric.  I think it's perfect for it.  


Gobble Gobble is a pattern by Lori Holt.  I downloaded mine at the Fat Quarter Shop here.

I snuck outside during one of our son's virtual meetings to take a nice pic of the quilt top IN THE SUNSHINE!!!  It's November and we are having temps up to 65 for about three days.  Then who knows...  

I am really happy I swapped out the green Gobble block for this yellow one.  It makes a difference.  I will enjoy it much more knowing that I took the time to go back and fix it for a better contrasting color like I did.  The other Gobble will make a nice surprise on the back.  

Now to dig through my novelty Thanksgiving fabrics that I would use on who knows what else to make a fun pieced back.  

Linking up at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.

Linking up at Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap!

Linking up at What a Hoot! for BOMs Away.

Linking up at Texas Quilt Gal for To-Do Tuesday.  AND OMG check out her Indian corn quilt!

Linking up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday.



8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Really like your Gobble Gobble quilt...all the colors
really go together well. Have a great day!

Linda said...

Oh I LOVE your Gobble quilt!! So cute with those scrappy turkeys. That dotted fabric is indeed perfect for it.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday! :)

Angie said...

This quilt is so CUTE!! Is there a pattern for it? Fingers crossed that there is. :)

Ivani said...

I looks great Kathy. The borders are perfect for it. You did great!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Gobble, Gobble is so fun! I've made one of those turkeys and love it, but a whole quilt is really great. I think you found the perfect border fabric for those colorful turkeys, too!

Sharon Kwilter said...

What a fun pattern, thanks for sharing.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting it together today, Kathy!! What are the chances that it will be quilting for Turkey Day??? :o))

Bonnie said...

Gobble, Gobble is darling. Great finish.