Saturday, March 13, 2021

Scrappy Saturday -- Productive in Green -- RSC21

 Another scrap Saturday and here we go...  I can't believe that I got all the trees done in scrappy dark greens and put them together into my Santa Tree Skirt.  Man I love this thing already!


I put together a one-fabric Christmassy green with poinsettias.  I can't believe I am quilting it next!


I finished my Sand Castles (Bonnie Hunter design) quilt.  You can read all about it here.  I decided to bind it with a solid green fabric.  


I moved the Gobble Gobble quilt forward by making the one word in green.  This is a Lori Holt pattern.  I'm hoping there is enough contrast in the green and blue to show up nicely in the quilt.  The other "gobble" will be in orange.  I may make both of the words in two different oranges and use this on the back.   I'm not sure if there is enough contrast in this green.  Time will tell.


My Bricks & Stepping Stones (free pattern by Bonnie Hunter) is progressing nicely too.  There are a lot of green Christmas fabrics in it as well.  I'm happy with my red and green choice for this quilt.


I made the light green and the dark green border pieces for the Picadilly Circle quilt.  Cross that off of my long green to-do list.


I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy for the RSC21.  The fun starts here.



20 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You got a lot done this week, Kathy. Fantastic job. Now I need you to give me some of your energy. Lol. Thank you for always being an inspiration. Happy quilting and have a great weekend.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful progress and sand castles is amazing

scraphappy said...

So many Christmas greens this week. Congratulations on getting the tree skirt done! That was quick. It looks great.

Ivani said...

Oh my! Great progress and beautiful quilts, great use of Christmas green fabrics. You rock Kathy!

Cathy said...

My goodness, you’ve sure made a lot of great progress! Your Sand Castles quilt is totally gorgeous! Way to go, Kathy!

Mari said...

I love the Sand Castles quilt. What a great idea to make it part of the RSC. It turned out beautifully.

Kathy S. said...

Usually my WIPS sit around for years. These are progressing quickly this year. Woohoo!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those trees for your tree skirt are just amazing! It's turning out wonderfully!

Sue said...

Your Sand Castles looks great! I trimmed mine yesterday & am making the binding. So mine will be finished in a few weeks after it goes in the hand-sewing queue. It was a fun quilt to work on last year for RSC.

Jennifer said...

LOVE all your finishes/progress this week!

Deb A said...

Wow! You made quick work on the Tree skirt and it looks great! So many fun greens. Sand Castles looks great and I love that bricks and stepping stones.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great progress on many quilty fronts! I've made Bonnie's Bricks and Stepping Stones a few times and love your addition off red!

Jenny said...

My goodness, that's an awful lot of green sewing, well done!

gayle said...

So many pretty greens!
Your Sand Castles is gorgeous!!! I need to get to the quilting on mine...

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many GREEN scraps, Kathy!! Those Tree blocks on your Christmas tree skirt? Mind. Blown!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The Sand Castles are just wonderful. I love the colors you chose. Amazing how much you are doing- and tough stuff, too.

Nancy said...

I love your tree skirt! Will you have to put a slit in it to lay it around the tree or will you put it over the tree stand before you put the tree in the stand?
Sand Castles is beautiful. And the colors of "gobble" are beautiful together.

patty a. said...

There are a lot of HSTs in the tree skirt tree blocks! You got that put together fast! The Sand Castle quilt is beautiful. Another UFO done! Congratulations!

Andee Neff said...

That Sand Castles quilt is AWESOME! I have it on my list for one day!

Kat Scribner said...

Holy cow! Sand castles quilt is a TON of piecing! Great job, love your colors.