Saturday, March 20, 2021

RSC21 -- Scrappy Green Saturday

 Happy National Quilting Day!  This week I accomplished quite a bit of busting the green scraps.

I put together all the Bricks & Stepping Stones  (a Bonnie Hunter free pattern) blocks and added a plain border.  The next step will be a scrappy, green back.


I finished the quilting and trimmed my tree skirt.  I still am smitten with these scrappy green trees!

Early in the week I made my three ABC GO! letter blocks.  This is a free pattern on the Accuquilt site.

Nine more 3.5" rail fence blocks happened.  73/900 complete.

This is how I started my day for St. Patrick's day this week.  Owen had FOUR virtual meetings on Wednesday.  That's a lot in one day.  But the fun ones were last so he was good with that.  He brought a smile to all.  His virtual meetings finally gave me time to do our taxes.  Thank goodness tax time is over for us.  


I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy for the RSC21.  Come join the fun.  Be inspired!



9 comments:

Sara said...

So fun to see someone dressing up and having fun with a holiday. I always enjoyed "dress up" days at the HS I taught at, and have missed that since retiring from face-to-face teaching.

Cathy said...

Lots of nice green sewing this month in your studio. Owen is adorable (but just tell him he’s cool) in green.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt! It seems like it came together really quickly. Looks like Owen had fun on St Patrick's Day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow, Kathy! Look at you go with the GREEN!!! It was fun to see that Owen jumped on board, too, :o))

maggie fellow said...

great stepping stones quilt - I have way too many greens and I don't seem to naturally use them.

Deb A said...

Owen is rocking the Irish green! Love the bricks and stepping stones.

Ivani said...

Owen had fun on St. Patricks Day! Your Bricks & Stepping Stones is pretty, perfect for Christmas.

patty a. said...

The green bricks quilt turned out so pretty. Owen sure rocked St. P's Day! I'm Irish and I forgot to wear green. I am just not keeping up with what day it is.

Susie H said...

Wow! Gorgeous Bricks & Stones quilt. That Owen is hysterical!! Glad to see he got his Irish on. Hahaha!