Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Bricks & Stepping Stones

Today I am playing with red scraps.  These blocks are for the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt.  This is a FREE pattern by Bonnie Hunter on her blog on the free patterns tab.  You can find it here.  I haven't worked with 2" squares lately.  The blocks seem so big!   They are adding up quickly.  I'll be making this in red and green.  These red four-patches will help me bust those green scraps to play along with the RSC21.


Most of these red scraps were leftover scraps of bindings and borders.  I ironed them and ran the long strips through my Accuquilt strip dies and then turned them sideways to make the 2" squares.

Then I made some more 4-patches in red.


Look at that SUNSHINE in the window!!!  All our snow was gone over the weekend.  Yesterday the grown got covered in less than an hour.  It's Ohio...  The ducks were so happy to get out for a swim yesterday.  I missed getting a photo. 






3 comments:

patty a. said...

The Bricks and Stepping Stone design is a good one!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! I know just what you mean about how big 2" squares can seem, Kathy. It's even more obvious when you sew them into a 12" block... Giant!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are making a lot of progress , Kathy. Great job. I am going to check this pattern out. Such pretty fabrics that you have already chosen. I look forward to seeing your progression. Happy quilting.