Thursday, March 25, 2021

Christmas Sewing Today

 Today while looking for green fabrics in the huge green tub, I switched gears and decided to look for large pieces of Christmas fabrics for my Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt.  Success!  I whipped together this big Christmas back.


I remember I was so excited to purchase a plastic tote of fabrics at a garage sale when Owen was still in a stroller.  Little did I know then that these fabrics with the large prints wouldn't work well with the quilt block piecing I typically do.  But it definitely worked out today.

Bricks and Stepping Stones (on the free pattern tab of Bonnie Hunter's site) can now be move to the to-be-quilted pile.  Hooray for progress.  It's beautiful out today.  Glad I got this done early so that we can go for our first bike ride of this year.


4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the cheerful, Christmas backing. We could all some cheer, even if it is early.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on using up some of that fabric find, Kathy! Here's hoping that you and Owen had a wonderful bike ride.

Kathy S. said...

We love Christmas! We serve a good God!

Kathy S. said...

Our bike ride was awesome! Owen took off and only wanted to stop to get a drink. The rest of the time I was trying to catch up with him. :)