Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Santa Claus Tree Skirt is Quilted

 I finished the quilting on the Santa Claus Tree Skirt.  This is a pattern by Pam Bono Designs in the book called More Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts.

Next I'll have to make a design decision.  I'm not that sure if we will ever put this under a real tree with sap dripping on it.  I'm thinking about cutting a small hole in the center and adding either elastic or a drawstring so that it can be cinched around the artificial tree stand.  I wouldn't have to cut down the side of one of the Santas as suggested in the pattern.  I could just label and bind as usual to finish.  I need to think about this a little more.  

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty, Kathy! I know what you mean about not wanting sap on it. Our tree skirt was made by my mom many years ago, and it is full of sap. It's a keepsake, though, sap and all!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I don't think I could cut it. It is too beautiful for sap. How about placing a small artificial tree in the center of it and the sides could even drape over a table.

Needled Mom said...

Oh gosh! Where would you cut that beauty?

Ivani said...

Oh my! Your quilt and quilting is so beautiful Kathy, I understand what you mean about not wanting sap on it.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish,Kathy.I look forward to seeing what the final decision will be.

Teresa said...

Its beautiful and will look wonderful under your tree. I sometime use tree skirts on my table with a centerpiece in the center.