Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Hot Mess Temperature Quilt

 My "hot mess" Temperature quilt is on the longarm frame.  I am just using it to experiment with those templates that I got from Wish in February.  I'm starting to notice that the templates aren't thick enough to be a "good" template for the longarm in my opinion.  They are not 1/4" thick.  I will play with them some more on this quilt.


I really don't like these templates.  Since I'm experimenting, I needed to try to do some loopy loops.  I'm just not very good at loopy loops.  I just never know when or where to turn.  I need to watch some YouTube videos on that.  Let me know of a good one.

Next I tried an Urban Elementz design called Ba Da Bing.  The last time I used this template it was also a hot mess.  I saw someone did a baby quilt with it this week and thought I would tried again.  I'll show you the results on Friday when I post about my HOT MESS finish.  Time to trim and bind.

This pattern didn't match the loopy loops OR the template quilting... it's just more of a hot mess...  But it is super soft and cuddly.  I hope someone likes it.  I do like the bright greens and pops of color.


It's always fun to have quilt room visitors.  And yes, Owen grew again.









4 comments:

patty a. said...

It is good to practice on a giveway quilt; I mean how bad could it be? It's good to find out you don't like the template you got from Wish so you don't invest in any more of them. Yes, someone will love the quilt. Yes it would be nice to have visitors! Owen is getting tall!

Kathy S. said...

I'm definitely not getting any more of these templates!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I actually love mixed quilting on a quilt. I end up varying designs across a quilt. I think the quilt looks nice and when washed, it will be really nice.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I think your quilt looks awesome,Kathy. You always do beautiful work. Have a fabulous week.