This week I put together my OMG (One Main Goal) quilt for June. These blocks were swapped by my local quilt guild Christmas, 2016. It's the D9P (Dissappearing 9-Patch). My colors were supposed to be grey blocks with a scarlet center (Ohio State colors). Interesting how some members interpreted this block request--some added white, some more scarlet, some pale blue some were so bold to add seafoam green! But it is what it is and it all works... I'm about 20 years younger than some of the members of the guild. You just never know if they will all be here next year. Never know... I will always have their block. :) I like the quilt. It's a long twin. Here's the flimsy in the wind. I had to dodge some raindrops to get this picture. I'm hoping for a Friday finish!
Remember I was telling everybody to link up at Pamela's blog -- Mama Sparks World here. This is the prize pack I won!! Whohoo!!! Two charm packs and a fun pattern!!! Thanks!!! She is having another linky party today. It's here.
We've been blessed with baby chicks! One hatched Sunday, three Monday, and one Tuesday for a total of five baby chicks!
I made the third block for the Temecula Quilt Company Marvelous Monday Mini (the pinwheel).
I adopted a bunch of fun stuff from a garage sale to enhance my stash. I REALLY need quantity so that I can make quilt backs for projects and guild quilts. This fabric was mostly 50 cents a yard! Here it is proudly displayed on my sorting trampoline. Everyone has a 6' trampoline in their quilting room, right? (It's awesome for my helper.)
My Garden Party quilt (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) grew another row.
I not only pieced another block, but embroidered it as well. You can find the FREE pattern for this block at Q is for Quilter.The block is made from 2" squares. The block pattern can be found at Q is for Quilter blog.
Since I finished all the embroidery of the kite girls, I started a new project in my to-go bag. I chose this embroidery project. I've never done anything like this before. A friend gave me this package. It didn't have any floss with it, but I got a few skeins from the two garbage bags donated to my guild.
Here's the two bear ears:
Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River here.
* * * * * * * Warning: Boring List Ahead * * * * * * * *
2017 Finishes (listed by date)!
1. 01.07.17 Country Roads, Humble Quilts Mystery 2015 here.
2. 01.13.17 Stars Stripes & Other Things quilt here.
3. 01.20.17 Candy Cane Mini quilt here.
4. 01.27.17 Sunbonnet Sue charity quilt here.
5. 02.17.17 Large Microwave Bowl Cozie
6. 02.17.17 Medium Microwave Bowl Cozie
7. 02.18-17 Small Microwave Bowl Cozie -- All Microwave bowl Cozies shown here.
8. 02.27.17 Sew Sweet Simplicity 2015 BOM by Jacquelynne Steves here.
9. 03.03.07 Allitare! 2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery here.
10. 03.10.17 Celtic Solstice, 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery here.
11. 03.17.17 Denim Tumbler Rug #1 here.
12. 04.07.17 RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler design by Angela at SoScrappy here.
13. 4.14.17 My Heart Skips a Beat 2017 H2H Quilt
14. 4.21.17 Tumbler Rug #2
15. 4.28.17 Shoo Fly (A charity quilt for my local quilt guild.)
16. 5.5.17 Scrappy Stars baby quilt
17. 5.12.17 The Underpants Project
18. 5.19.17 One House, Two House (pattern by Cheryl Wahl.)