Monday, June 19, 2017

Moving it Forward -- MONDAY

This week I am trying to move this D9P (Disappearing 9-patch) quilt along.  It is my OMG (One Main Goal) quilt for June.  These blocks were swapped by my local quilt guild at Christmas, 2016.  I didn't have to purchase any new fabrics.  This was a great scrap buster project for me.

 
 

Each member participating was supposed to make blocks in the colors chose by the receiver.  I requested 8 grey blocks and one red center block for my set.  Interesting how others interpreted by adding white, light blues -- and even GREEN!  Hmmm.  It is what it is.  I need to make one more block before this can be made into a top.  Because of the color variations I'm not going to take the time to sash it.  It will make a nice throw quilt.

There's so many fun linky parties on Mondays!  Linking up at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.
 
 
Linking with Gosia for Quilter's Monday.
 
 
 Linking up with Show & Tell Monday with Bambi.


 
 
 
 
Also checking in with Lynette for BOM's Away at What a Hoot Quilts.
 
 

7 comments:

patty a. said...

Too funny about the "grey" blocks that are green. Thanks for your comment on my denim quilt. It is now done, handed off, and I will post the picture of the quilt today.

beth s said...

OOooh! I love this quilt!

evaj said...

Thank you for your inspiration and link today on Show and Tell Monday !! Hug from Bambi

Tami Von Zalez said...

Ah, I see you have the same type of design wall setup as I do - wherever there is room on the floor ...
I've never done a block swap and have heard mixed results about the quality and shall we say - content.

Lisa J. said...

Even though there are lots of colour variations the quilt looks beautiful.

Susan said...

Laid out on the floor, it looks good, except a couple f the bright white blocks - really white! I wonder if tea dying them would make a difference? It still wouldn't be gray, but it wouldn't be quite so stand-outish. Anyway, the other colors all actually look nice and blendy, so I like it. Funny there's not so much variation in the reds.

Nicky said...

As you say it will be an interesting study of shades of grey!!! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!