Friday, March 17, 2017

Tumbler Rug #1 -- A Friday Finish

Yes, it's quilty, but it's not a quilt.  It's a RUG!  Happy St. Patrick's Day.  I know I should post something GREEN that I'm working on, but this finish is too much fun.

 
I left a few dishes in the sink for a "realistic" view.

 
The pink were a pair of jeans that a dear friend gave me.  They will make me think of her often since I am in our kitchen a lot.  I started this project when Bonnie Hunter announced that tumblers were our leader/ender block of the summer in 2016.  I have other rug "tops" made.  They are a set.  One is quite fancy with a cool border.  I am not motivated to finish it as well.  Getting rid of those WIPS!
 
 It's my "tester" rug to see if I like it.  Well, it's only been a day and I JUST LOVE IT!  It is made of old denim jeans.  I knew the fabric would be too heavy as a quilt.  But it's durable enough for a rug.  When I walk on it the bumpy seams are therapeutic and feel good on my feet.  It's not soft, but bumpy and slightly massaging.  Maybe it will make me enjoy doing dishes? 
 
It's time to link up those finishes for the Finish-A-Long Q1 Link-Up. 

I'm linking up with Rhonda's Quilt Ramblings here. for the Q1 finish.  You can see my original 2017 Goal Setting post here.

shecanquilt
 
Also linking up with Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
 
 
I'm also linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Pretty rug! Enjoy washing the dishes now!

Kathy S. said...

LOL... enjoying dishes...

Shauna said...

very nice, I love the pops of color mixed in

Donna said...

That looks too pretty to walk on!!!

CapitolaQuilter said...

How fun is this! Great to think of friends and have something to enjoy while doing chores. Congratulations on your finished goal. On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thanks for linking up and sharing your work! Great Job.