Friday, May 12, 2017

Do You Want to See My Underpants? -- A Friday Finish

I can't believe that I completed this little wall quilt.  I was motivated to finish it because I needed a challenge quilt for my local quilt guild for a quilt show in July.  I call this quilt The Underpants Project.


It measures a happy little 35" wide by 27" long.

This is finish #17 for 2017!

The way I outline quilted the underwear on the front it left little "ghost" underwear on the back.

 
Here you can tell the size a little better. 

 
This was one of the quilts that I had planned to finish this quarter.  I posted about it in my Finish-A-Long 2017 Q2 Goals Post here.
 
shecanquilt
 
I'm happy to link up this finish here.


Many of you know that I'm an Accuquilt girl.  I made these blocks using my Accuquilt Drunkard's Path die!  I did a little tutorial in 2014 here.

Aren't these blocks just stinkin' cute?  For the longest time I didn't know what I would do with them.  I was originally inspired by Kim's Blog called My Go-Go Life and she showed an adorable paper-pieced bra.  Kim posted that the pattern was free at Paper Panache. .  She posted about a free pattern and tutorial for panties by Penny from Sew Take A Hike.   You can see it here.  I need to give credit to Penny where credit is due.




I used this applique tool.  It's called Judy's Applique Gem.  I got it here at Gadget Girls.  I thought it would make a nice stocking stuffer for me a couple years ago at Christmas.  This is the first time I used it.  It was really nice to help me follow the unusual curve of the underpants.  The little straight part of the ruler also helped me with the straight part. 
 
I did a simple outline of the panties and then just a small stippling everywhere else.



Here's the ad I'm going to put with it for the show:



I'm linking up here. with Sarah Craig for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I'm linking up with Myra here. from Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday.

 I'm linking up  here with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I'm linking up on Saturday at She Can Sew for Show Off Saturday

5 comments:

Donna said...

Love the underpants quilt!!!! Too cute!!!

Allison said...

Love it!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kathy,
Cute undies! ~smile~
Roseanne

Susan said...

It did finish up cutely. I like the one on the back.

becky said...

Okay this is too cute!!! Thank-you for sharing. Really too cute.