Friday, April 28, 2017

Shoo Fly -- An LQG Charity Quilt

Today's Friday Finish is one for my local quilt guild.  I like to donate my time as a longarm quilter to help finish quilts.  This Shoo Fly quilt top was in the to-be-quilted box.  I quilted it with the pantograph called "Plumage".  I used a soft, gently used sheet for the back.  I think it turned out really nice.  It measures 59" x 72".


 
I'm thrilled with the back for the first time of me following this pantograph.  It was good practice.


This was one of the quilts that I had planned to finish this quarter.  I posted about it in my Finish-A-Long 2017 Q2 Goals Post here.
 
shecanquilt
 
I'm happy to link up this finish here.

 
I'm linking up here with Sarah Craig for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I'm linking up with Myra here from Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday.



I'm linking up here with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I'm linking up on Saturday at She Can Sew for Show Off Saturday.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That looks really nice! Someone is going to be so lucky to get it.

Cut&Alter said...

What a lovely pattern you have quilted on this one - and for a great cause. I too offer up my quilting services for charity quilts at times - more need than normal in the UK at the moment :( Thanks for being part of the 2017FAL from the FAL hosts.