Friday, April 14, 2017

H2H Friday Finish - My Heart Skips a Beat

My Heart Skips a Beat quilt is complete!  This is my 2017 contribution for the H2H Charity Quilt drive.  I don't usually name my quilts.  But this one is called "My Heart Skips a Beat".  I call it that because I won these blocks from Linda who blogs at Art In Search..  Linda puts together beautiful comfort quilts.  These "Hearts Galore" were blocks given to Linda.  She put them up for adoption.  The orphan block adoption was hosted by Cynthia's blog, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  This quilt will be donated to Happy Chemo as an H2H quilt.  Emily from Em's Scrap bag will be distributing the quilts.  H2H stands for Hands to Help.  It's a comfort quilt charity drive that is driven by Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Look at all the LOVE that has gone into this quilt already.



It measures 61" x 93".  I quilted it with one of my new to me pantographs.  I recently purchased a whole box of them on APQS.  It was great practice for me and it turned out quite cute (if I don't say so myself.)

The back is super scrappy.  This month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC17) at Angela's blog, SoScrappy,  we are focusing on using multi-colored fabrics that don't really fit into a color family.  I thought that would be a great place for some bright, fun fabrics.  There are bright pinks, fishing lures, hearts, flowers, picnic foods, plaids, ducks in the garden, buttons, and some scrappy bow tie blocks.  They worked perfectly for the back of the quilt.


Here in the plaid fabric you can see some of the 10" Feathered Paisley pantograph quilting.  The design is by Anne Bright at www.annebright.com

 
This Sunday is the first check-in linky for this year's Hands2Help Challenge.  I will be sharing it there - and cheering on fellow quilters!  The linky party will stay open from Sunday 4/16 at 12:01 AM CST until Saturday 4/22 at 11:59 PM CST. Make sure you check out Confessions of a Fabric Addict to see all the gorgeous inspiration!

 
This was one of the quilts that I had planned to finish this quarter.  I posted about it in my Finish-A-Long 2017 Q2 Goals Post here.
 
shecanquilt
 
I'm happy to link up this finish here.
 

 
Somehow all this scrappy goodness works for this quilt.  I love it when it all comes together.  The binding is a multi-colored fabric as well.  I love a striped binding.
 
 
It was my OMG! (One Monthly Goal) to finish this quilt for April -- it feels good to check another project off of my UFO list. (Even if it was a new project for 2017.  It's DONE!)
 
Patty from Elm Street Quilts is our hostess for OMG.  Check out all the fun there!  You can find the April linky party here.  Look at the cute Easter Eggs in the button!!!  The April OMG Finishes party is here.  I linked up with the finishes on 4/30... just in the nick of time!
 
 

Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I'm linking up with Myra from Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday.

I'm linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I'm linking up to American Patchwork & Quilting 2017 UFO Challenge Facebook page here.

I'm linking up on Saturday at She Can Sew for Show Off Saturday.

8 comments:

Staci said...

Very Sweet finish!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Bravo, Kathy!! A great finish to a quilt with a great story! So thrilled for you to have accomplished this! I am humbled that I could play a teeny part in it.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

It's a lovely quilt...love the wonderful variety of colors and the back is sensational!

Snowcatcher said...

Love everything about this. What a wonderful challenge quilt!

Louise said...

What a beautiful, meaningful quilt for Happy Chemo and H2H! Those hearts are so great and you put them together wonderfully :)

Patty said...

What a wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Melanie said...

I am a bit late to comment on the FAL finishes but still wanted to jump in :)

The hearts are just so darn cute. Great quilt! I am sure they will bring some joy and love in dark times.

Nicky said...

It is great to turn some orphan blocks into a beautiful quilt - even better when it goes to a great new home! Congratulations on your fab finish on behalf of the global FAL 2017 hosts!