Saturday, June 10, 2017

RSC17 & The Garden Party Continues

My Garden Party quilt (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) grew another row this week.  LOVE how all these scraps just work together.  The red blocks are looking great to me.  I'm so happy that this will be eventually be a gift for one of my BFF's.  You can only see a few of the yellows appearing brightly in this row, but really there were seven blocks that used yellow (one of them just has a yellow center.)  I don't want to go too crazy and have a bunch of the same-colored blocks in a row.

Bonnie's pattern finishes at 82" x 82".  I think I'm going to go about three rows bigger.  You can find the pattern for this quilt in her latest book, Addicted to Scraps. 

 
It's a gorgeous breezy, 79 degree morning here in Ohio!
 
 
I started putting plus blocks together.  I wasn't sure I liked this process or not.
 

My quilty bff made a plus quilt from the same block pattern.  I love her layout.  Mine will be something more like this.  Thanks, Jules, for the great idea!  I have tons if neutrals and 1.5" blocks already cut because of my scrap users' system that I learned in Bonnie Hunter's class.  Someday I'll have to make an Idaho Square Dance quilt from all these little pieces in my tray.  They make great leaders/enders.  Check out Julianne's Idaho Scrap Dance quilt here.  She always refers to us as sisters from another mister.

Linking up with all the fun at Angela's blog, SoScrappy.  This week's linky party is here. Come join in on all of the fun and see all the scrappy inspiration from the others!
 
grab button for SoScrappy
 

19 comments:

Jo said...

Love how your garden party quilt is coming together

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful half a quilt. You are so diligent to add the blocks as they are done. Instant accomplishment!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your Garden Party. she is so pretty. I always have to make my quilts larger too. I am glad to hear of someone else who does that too.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I just love this; so cheerful and bright and she's looking happy blowing in the breeze! :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, what a great quilt! I do have that book and was able to get into 2 of Bonnie's classes in October an hour and a half away in Rochester, NY. I just love your scrappy choices. It always amazes me that unrelated scraps can come together and sing as a whole.

Nell's Quilts said...

Garden Party is such a great pattern. Love the way your quilt is coming together and yes, I see the yellow!

Chantal said...

Very good progress on the Garden Party. I bought that book from Bonnie and I will get my own Garden Party ... one day. ;^)

Teresa said...

Its gonna be a great quilt!

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty. I like the reds too.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Sunny summer day just begs for a gorgeous summer garden party quilt. Looking good

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for some sunny YELLOW in your Garden Party quilt!!

PaulaB quilts said...

Garden Party,lives,up to its name, so bright and colorful. Keep up the good work!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your Garden Party is gorgeous! Love all the reds too.

Katie Z. said...

Your garden party is simply marvelous!

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow that's a gorgeous quilt!

Suz J said...

Isn't it amazing how all those little bits of different colours come together so wonderfully? Definitely what I love about quilting.

Deb A said...

Love how that is coming along.

Angie said...

Your Garden Party seems like a great scrap buster. Love all the color - it looks like a party!

Susan said...

It looks great to me! What a wonderful way to use up scraps.