Sunday, October 4, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching

I finally completed one of the eight applique blocks needed for a little crib quilt.  I like the dot fabrics.


I think they will look sweet on this quilt:


In other happenings, I have been kayaking every weekend for the last four or so weeks.  Today is the last one of the year and I will put the kayak away until next year.  Today's paddle is with a group of friends in my kayak club.  It's a themed paddle called Witches on Water.  Participants will be dressed in Halloween costumes.  Below was a picture from last weekend.  It was windy.  Lots of water came into the boat.






I picked the first watermelon that grew in my flowerbed as a volunteer plant.  It was sweet, but tasted like a watermelon and a cucumber had a baby!  I have three more of these, one is more than 12" long.  I think all of the scratches on the watermelon are coming from the cats that play in this flowerbed.  I also have four watermelon of the very dark skin variety growing on my sod pile.  It's watermelon time!


The cat's just won't let the flowers alone.  It's a playground to them...


My sew-to-go bag is prepped and ready for this week.  I'm having minor out-patient surgery on Wednesday afternoon this week.  They told me to take a couple weeks off work.  I scheduled one week off for now.  We shall see.  I'm sure that there will be more waiting the day stitches are removed.

I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching here.

 Slow Sunday Stitching


No comments: