Friday, March 3, 2017

Allietare! is C O M P L E T E -- A Fabulous Friday Finish

 Allietare! is my fabulous Friday Finish for today!

I wanted to have the 2015 Mystery from Bonnie Hunter complete by March 10.  I am so excited to be able to attend a class that my local quilt guild is hosting with BONNIE HUNTER!!!  I wanted to finish this quilt for show n tell! 

The Ohio wind was really not cooperating with me at first.  I had to hang it sideways because I didn't want it to blow through the mud under the clothesline.  I LOVE this pattern.  Great job, Bonnie Hunter.  You can read all about Bonnie on her blog, Quiltville's Snips & Quips.
Look!  There's even a label on it!

 I longarm quilted it with Circle Lord's giant template board called Jesters.  It looks like this:

Image result for circle lord jesters giant board

Love the gold and cheddars with the maroons and reds and black.  The constant "grey" is really a sea foam green color, but reads green in the quilt.  All most all of the pieces were cut with Accuquilt dies. 


This quilt measures 84" x 100.5".  I backed it with a wide backing that I purchased from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I normally would do a pieced back, but I won a couple of Gift Certificates for the Fat Quarter Shop and got a great deal on Black Friday for the 108" wide back.

Spiced Pomegranate 108" Wide Multi Blossom Yardage <br/>SKU# 6631-84

Spiced Pomegranate 108" Wide Multi Blossom Yardage
SKU# 6631-84

 
It's time to link up those finishes for the Finish-A-Long Q1 Link-Up.  Here's my Friday finish for the week. I'm linking up with Rhonda's Quilt Ramblings here. for the Q1 finish.  You can see my original 2017 Goal Setting post here.

Back then, this quilt was still awaiting for me to add the back, quilt, and bind.

shecanquilt

This is #3 on my  allpeoplequilt UFO Challenge 2017.  (And I'm still going to try to get my #12 done during March.)  I just needed to bump it up a bit for the Bonnie Hunter workshop.

I'm linking up with Sarah Craig for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I'm linking up with Myra from Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday.

I'm linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I'm linking up to American Patchwork & Quilting 2017 UFO Challenge Facebook page here.

I'm linking up on Saturday at She Can Sew for Show Off Saturday.






9 comments:

KatieQ said...

Wow! You did a beautiful job with this quilt. The quilting compliments it perfectly. I'm sure it will get the appreciation it deserves when you bring it to Bonnie's show and tell.




The Joyful Quilter said...

Joining you in a Happy Dance... it's AWESOME!!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Magnificent! What a lot of work you have had to put in and it was definitely all worth it!

Heide said...

Such a great quilt! Beautiful colors.

Busy Little Quilter said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on getting it finished.

Needled Mom said...

That is gorgeous. I love this pattern.

maggie fellow said...

I think allietare is one of my favorite quilts Bonnie has done - mine is only a top. I love your choices and how beautiful it is.

maggie fellow said...

I think allietare is one of my favorite quilts Bonnie has done - mine is only a top. I love your choices and how beautiful it is.

Nicky said...

I hope Bonnie loved it! It must have made her feel welcome to your meeting to know that someone had followed her mystery quilt! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.