Friday, April 7, 2017

RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler Complete for a Friday Finish

I have another big finish this year.  This time it's my RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler.  RSC stand for Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Each month our awesome hostess, Angela, who blogs at SoScrappy selects a color of the month.  We play with our scraps that month and post our progress using up those scraps. 

In 2015 (other years as well) Angela designed this Sawtooth Sampler.  Each month she would give us tutorials for the blocks.  I did not follow the design for the connecting blocks due to the time factor (I wanted to get this quilt done this year.)  I used a constant fabric for the connecting blocks and it gave the quilt a different look.  Here's my version of the RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler:

 
This quilt is a wedding gift for my sister-in-laws.  I promised them a quilt before their second wedding anniversary in October this year.  The fabric for the green connecting blocks, the border, binding, and binding were all given to me by my one sister-in-law's mom.  I wanted to incorporate them into something of mine with something of hers to make a special, one-of-a-kind quilt.  I mailed the package to her today so that she can present it to the happy couple.  They'll never be expecting it this early! 
 
This was one of the quilts that I had planned to finish this quarter.  I posted about it in my Finish-A-Long 2017 Q2 Goals Post here.
 
shecanquilt
 
I'm happy to link up this finish here.
 
The Ohio sun has been coming out more and more.  It's almost time to mow!
 
 
I used one fabric for the back instead of a pieced back.  The quilt has not been washed yet.

 
Here's a close-up of the quilting.  I used teal thread and my Circle Lord giant board called Jesters.



It measures a king sized 97" x 97".  This was item #12 which was supposed to be finished in March for the All People Quilt UFO Challenge.  I'm happy that it was finished!

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers


11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It is just beautiful - a great gift.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful quilt! Congratulations on the finish!

travelinsewl said...

I think your connecting blocks are simple enough to let the other blocks shine. Very nice project!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful. Well done with the colour choice and placement - a really special gift.

Jennifer said...

looks great! I did one, too, for RSC15. mine is done and on the guest bed. your connector blocks are great- and you're right: it gives the quilt a totally different look.

KMSC said...

A beautiful finish; congratulations!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is beautiful! I like your connector block, it give your quilt a very different look which make it an original.

Shelley Folkerts said...

This is a beautiful quilt.I love the sawtooth star blocks and your connector blocks is a wonderful idea. Awesome finish! Thanks for linking up with this week's TGIFF.

mangozz said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the connector blocks and colors.

SarahZ said...

This is soooo gorgeous! I just love it! Congrats on meeting your goal and early at that!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

It's beautiful!
Carol