Saturday, June 24, 2017

Scrap Saturday

I started a new little scrap project since I've been having a lot of complete finishes this year.  I have a lot of 1.5" squares in little trays by my machine from working on my Garden Party quilt.  I have enough yellow for now in the current rows.  I don't want to go too crazy with yellow.  This little 4-patch project caught my eye:

 
The little 4-patch blocks make nice leaders and enders and add up quickly.  The pattern in this magazine (American Patchwork & Quilting, April 2015, is called GO FOUR IT! 2015 Quilt-Along.
 
 
The blocks are set on point in the quilt.
 
I'm linking up with Angela and the gang at SoScrappy for the RSC17 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge, 2017).  The linky party for today is here.  Check out all the fun projects.
 
grab button for SoScrappy

10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE your new project!!! I succumbed to a new project, too. Mine is Crazy Mom Quilts' June quilt QAL. While I'm not exactly keeping up, I am pleased with my progress. Have fun with those 4 Patch blocks!!

Monica said...

Is that red four patch turned the right way in the bottom left block? It's going to be nice, though!

Edith said...

Nice, I like the look of these blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love those bright bits with neutrals. 1 1/2" blocks, seriously? 2" is the smallest I can deal with.

Kathy S. said...

Oops! Good catch. I'll fix that. Thanks for catching it. I wouldn't have noticed it until I put the flimsy on the clothesline for a photo probably. Have a great weekend!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This will be a fun project and good way to use up small pieces too.

Angie said...

Thanks for the pattern tip - I've got a growing pile of 4 patches with no project in mind. This looks like fun!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is a fun little scrap project. I am way overdue for a scrap project. I want to finish a few things before I start another, though. I can't wait to see the flimsy when finished. --Andrea

Susan said...

Great scrappy and great leader-ender! That will mount up fast.

Cathy Tomm said...

Looks like a great new scrap project!