Friday, May 19, 2017

One House, Two House -- A Friday Finish

I'm excited to have my OMG (One Main Goal) quilt finished for the month of May.  Whoop, Whoop!  It's called One House, Two House.  It's a pattern by Cheryl Wall in her book called Welcome Home, Surround Yourself with Country Warmth.

It measures a nice wall sized 38.5" x 43.5".



I quilted it with the Circle Lord Square Dance giant template board.  What a nice texture this board has!  I know I will use it again and again.  The back is a simple plaid shirting fabric. 

 
This quilt was my OMG quit for May -- and my American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge on Facebook group.  I love the way everyone cheers everybody else on to finish those UFOs.
 
This winter photo was when the quilt was just a top.  I love the look of it in the snow background too.
 
 
This was one of the quilts that I had planned to finish this quarter.  I posted about it in my Finish-A-Long 2017 Q2 Goals Post here.
 
shecanquilt
 
I'm happy to link up this finish here.
 
I'm linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the OMG May Link-Up.  Come play with us.  Link up a UFO that you want to finish this month!

''

I'm linking up here. with Sarah Craig for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I'm linking up with Myra here. from Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday.

 I'm linking up  here. with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I'm linking up on Saturday at She Can Sew for Show Off Saturday.

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Funny how different the quilt looks in a snowy background. Your quilt just had that welcome home comfy look - love it!

Heidi said...

Love your houses, congrats tackling another UFO, it's a super-cozy finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

GREAT use of your plaids!! Fabulous finish.

Małgorzata Kreft said...

Beautiful quilt!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kathy,
This is great! It looks like a fun village - one I would like to live in. ~smile~
Roseanne

Patty said...

This looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Mad Cat Quilts said...

So cute!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love this one! Great finish!

Laura said...

Great finish! I love the country village feel!

Danice G said...

Beautiful, 'love it a lot. You did a wonderful job :)

Nicky said...

I love the snow photo! Great quilt and a great finish. Congratulations on your fab finish on behalf of the global FAL 2017 hosts!