Saturday, September 5, 2026

RSC26 Scrappy Rail Fence

 I'm back!  Whew...  It's been a busy three weeks in fourth grade as a substitute teacher.  She will return to work on Tuesday!  I'm back to being a free agent so that I can bounce from one school to another between different districts and different grade levels.  I'm anxious to see many of my little friends that I haven't seen since spring break due to the long term absence that I covered.  Can't wait!


No more lessons to plan for quite some time.  I WILL be prepping my sew-to-go bag this weekend!!!  I should be able to get some stitches in during my lunch and planning periods now.  Woohoo!!!

I had time to lay out the third section of my scrappy rail fence quilt.

These blocks are 3.5" (3" finished).  I have all of the blocks made.  I am going for a 28 x 30 block layout.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering.  The quilt on our California king bed (under the rail fence blocks) is called Go Four It (finished in 2021).  It is one of my all time favorite quilts.  You can read about it here.

I'm linking up with Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC26.

RSC26 Button


I'm also linking up for Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than housework.

4 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

I love the blend of shades in the background of your Go For It quilt. It makes the whole quilt shine.

Sara said...

Wow - those scrappy rails look so pretty together. I may have to add that little block to my RSC sewing in the future.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Rail fence is a great quilt! A good way to use scraps but a lovely quilt. Happy stitching! Enjoy not teaching steadily.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you've started the school year busy! Glad you will be getting back to normal now. Have fun working on your rail fence project!