Saturday, November 13, 2021

RSC 2022 Projects

At the time of this post I still have 49 projects on my WIP list.  Some of them can be incorporated into my RSC 2022 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) projects.  Here's some of the scrappy rainbow projects I have happening:

1.  Rail Fence Blocks 

These are 3.5" (3" finished) made from 1.5" strips with a neutral in the middle.  I started making these blocks in 2021.  I am totally a copy cat when it comes to being inspired by Cathy's rail fence quilt.  Cathy blogs at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting.  You can see her amazing rail fence quilt here.  I have 197 of 900 blocks complete.  Here's the ones from last week:


2.  Piccadilly Circle

I started making this quilt in 2014 for the RSC.  In 2021 I made only three of the border pieces (yellow, light green, and dark green).  I made one yellow and one dark green Piccadilly Circle blocks in 2022.  I still need to make circle blocks in dark purple and lime green.  I also need the other border parts.


3.  Kite Girl

All of the Kite Girl blocks are made.  All of the embroidery of the flower stems and kite strings are complete.  This quilt will have an antique look with mint green sashing.  I plan to work on it during the month for light green.  The inspiration for this quilt appeared at Q is for Quilter. I believe I started this project for the RSC in 2014.


4.  GO! ABC Quilt

This quilt was started in January of 2021.  It was an RSC project.  I still need to make twelve letters.  It looks like I need orange, bright blue, maybe more purple and light green?  We'll see how these play together.


5.  Starry Night

These quilt shop hop block kits were given to me by my SIL's mom.  I still have a ways to go on it.  I do like the jewel tones and black (Amish inspired).    I don't have all the block kits.  I'd have to make up something for the alternating block (probably a chain).  That's probably why this one has been sitting on the shelf for so long.


6.  Stay Centered

Stay Centered was also a 2021 start.  I only need a purple row and an orange row to finish this 60" x 70" quilt.  It would be a nice donation quilt for H2H this year.


7.  Full Stop

I'm starting to see a pattern...  This is the RSC21 project.  I need a few more rows.  I will continue with this project.  I am still super happy with the background fabric for this project.  


8.  Cracker Blocks

I started the Cracker Blocks quilt when my friend's daughter gave me a bunch of her fabrics that she was no longer interested in during 2019.  I only made six blocks.  Not much I can do with six blocks.  I'll have to keep going on this one.


9.  Folk Art Birds

I need to locate the paper bird template for this one.  It could be with another bird I had made.  This was a 2016 RSC project start.


10.  Plus Blocks

These plus blocks were also a 2016 start.  I use the ends of the pieces from my Soul Searching quilt to make plusses.    I think I have enough blocks.  I need to add cornerstones and sashing.


11.  Maroon Sampler

This quilt is a combination of different sampler quilts.  I want to say this was around 2013ish for some of the first blocks.  I need to count to see how many I have and go from there.


12.  Box Kite

This was from a Bonnie Hunter workshop back in March of 2017.  I wasn't a big fan of this block pattern, but it was an awesome workshop.  I need to slap 6 more of these together and make 6 x 8 layout with a border.


13.  Slabs with a White Rectangle

This was a project started RSC14.  It looks like if I just made one purple block, added a border or two, it would be a cute crib quilt.  


14.  Chickens

Although it is not a current project, I splurged and bought this pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew a while ago.  If I finish two projects off (any two... not just RSC projects) my list I will allow myself to start this in 2022.


15.  Christmas Wreaths

I won a gift card to the Fat Quarter Shop early in 2021.  This Christmas Wreaths pattern is one of the things I purchased.  I was thinking of making "flowers" instead of wreaths as a RSC2022 project.  I think it will work.  The quilt size in the pattern is 59" x 59".  I'm sure I'd make it bigger in some way.


16.  Waffle Blocks

Sorry, I do not have a photo for this one.  It's 2.5" strips of the color of the month and then 2.5" blocks at random colors to make a 12.5" block.  I'm sure they are in the bottom of one of the bins on the shelf.  I think I only have about four of them made.

I'm sure I'm missing something.  I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for RSC21here.

grab button for SoScrappy









11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lots of great projects for the RSC in 22, happy stitching!

Kat Scribner said...

You have lovely collections of blocks to work with, Kathy. 2022 should be a productive year.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have so many fun ideas for RSC quilts! I love the Picadilly Circle design especially. The background fabric for Full Stop is great, too! I need to get back to work on that one this week.

Jenny said...

Lots of lovely projects here, 39 you say, I'm too scared to count mine! I'd be in a hurry to start on the chickens too, 8t looks a great pattern.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many awesome RSC projects, Kathy!! Several that I now would like to add to my own list. Sigh... MUST resist!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh, Kathy all of your projects are so beautiful. This was such an inspirational post . I want to be a "copy cat" on some of your quilts .Lol They are all wonderful.

Ivani said...

Beautiful projects, to work during 2022, Kathy.

Linda Swanekamp said...

All your starts are beautiful. As you finish them, they will be even more gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

LOVE your stay centered! i did something similar with 9 patches in 2014. yours is great. your fulls stop is coming along nicely, too. mine is just bout where you are. i think I have the purple !!! done... i need to get that back out and catch up/finish it. I'm using a grey background, too.

Deb said...

Wow , what great RSC projects, I want to start some of them now! First I will inventory tho. It should be an eye opening experience! Way to get a jump on 2022! Woot woot! Stay safe and sew on !

Cathy said...

Oh, my goodness! Lots of goodies here! I hope you get to use that Chicken pattern. I've eyed it many times. So cute! Looking forward to some finishes!

Now, I know the kite girls (I thought they were balloon girls) are really old, Kathy! I think we started working on them around the same time. I'm a slow finisher but I have to say mine has been quilted and in the hope chest for quite awhile!!