Sunday, August 25, 2019

August OMG Link-Up Cafe Mocha Quilt

I'm so happy to finish this WIP from October 14, 2012.



I'm linking up my August finish at Elm Street Quilts.



I longarm quilted it with my giant template board from Circle Lord called Cosmos.



My Cafe' Latte quilt is complete.  It was originally called the Ugly Quilt because I obtained the fabrics during a swap.  Here's  pic of it hanging on the clothes line where I used shoot lot of pics of quilts since my husband bull dozed the old clothes line area.  This view drastically changed yesterday as he ripped down more trees with the excavator.  I'll have to take pictures of it later.



I'm loving the vibe of the green binding.  It was out of my comfort zone, but I love it!


I love the pieced back.  The green binding pops on both sides.  I'm so glad I went out of my comfort zone and picked the green!  This quilt measures 85.5" x 100".


I searched back to October 14, 2012!!! and found these pictures for the Ugly Fabric Challenge.

4 comments:

Danette said...

Awesome! Congratulations on your wonderful finish!

Patty said...

This looks awesome. Thanks for linking with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Sharon - IN said...

Congrats on finishing an older WIP! I know the feeling. I do like a scrappy back, it's a nice way to use up fabrics.

Marly said...

Some of those fabrics may have been ugly but the result is certainly not! I think you've done brilliantly putting all this together!