Friday, August 30, 2019

Christmas Improv Quilt -- A Friday Finish

I finished this little Christmas Improv quilt last night.  This was a quilt along in 2014 with Beth at Love Laugh Quilt.  I quilted it with an allover stipple.  LOVE the texture it gave this little quilt.  It measures a little shy of 42" square.


I like this cream print that I found in my stash for the back.  I used a solid green for the binding. 


 I put up a makeshift clothesline yesterday.  You can see the construction zone behind the quilt back.  Grass was planted last night in the worked dirt to the left of the quilt.  The driveway runs on the right of it.  The driveway is where it will be.  The planted grass is temporary for now.  It will eventually be grass, but there's still more hill between the two houses that will eventually be moved.  The green trees to the right in the back of the quilt will also be moved (the short ones under the power/phone lines--not the tall ones.)  Sometimes looking at my husband's WIPs makes my WIP Wednesday list look small.  The great part is that we are usually home--together.  Wouldn't want that any other way!

I had to get a new quarter inch foot for my sewing machine.  The clear plastic one that I had that I purchased with my sewing machine broke.  It seems the plastic gets brittle over time.  It was the second one that broke.  I liked that I could see better with the plastic one, but this metal one that I got for less than half price of the plastic one seems to work nicely.  The binding went on really flat like I like it.  The green fabric was somewhat stiffer than what I usually use.  It was a twin sheet piece.



I'm linking the image of my sewing machine foot at Wandering Camera.  This is a new-to-me link-up.

Camera And Photography Linky Party | Whims And Fancies


Improv really isn't my cup of tea.  It did pull me out of my comfort zone. I LOVE the snowflake blocks in this quilt.  I can see myself doing those someday again.  The trees are cute too.

I'm linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a WHOOP WHOOP?



I'm also linking up at My Quilt Infatuation.  Check out all the fun eye candy on Kelly's blog today!

I'm linking up with Alycia Quilts -- Quiltygirl for the new location of Finished or Not Friday.

I'm glad that I finished this old WIP.  I'm linking up today on Nina's blog (Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever....)  She has a great post about finishing UFOs.  I'm surprised she didn't mention the one... A quilt on the bed is worth two in the head. 




4 comments:

Ramona said...

Your improv quilt is so cute. I love the different trees. Great finish!

Julierose said...

I love how this quilt came out--so Christmassy! those peppermint stick blocks are so darn cute..lovely work hugs, Julierose

betty-NZ said...

Your work and the quilts that you show are so inspiring! I love the creativity :)


My Corner of the World

Celtic Thistle said...

How annoying that the plastic foot for your machine broke, I have never come across that problem before. Hope the new metal one lasts for a very long time!
Found you through Wandering Camera :)