Friday, August 23, 2019

Customer 9-Patch -- A Friday Finish

This customer 9-patch quilt flew into my possession and out off of my longarm frame quickly and flawlessly.  Woohoo!  School is back in session...time to quilt.


Here it is back in the bag she gave me with the leftover batting back in the original bag it came in ready to be returned.  Notice it is sitting on my bin "Kathy's Quilts to Longarm?"  Hmmm.  I'm in a longarming -kinda mood.  Wonder what I will pull out of there to quilt next... Stay tuned.


I quilted it with my giant template board from Circle Lord called Milkyway.  It's a loose mix of stars and swirls.  I opted to only quilt the stars with a single outline.  I could have also done another line inside the star about a quarter of an inch inside.   The backing she gave me this time was a plain white twin sheet.  The only thing I had to do to prepare the sheet was to take out the seam for the double thickness at one end so that the sheet was long enough on the frame so that I could make the final row of swirls on the bottom without running into my plastic grippers that quickly attach it to the frame.


It is more exciting on the line than when it was on the longarm frame.  This picture didn't do it justice.  It's a very cute quilt that my customer is giving to one of her grandchildren.  She is making a quilt for all of her grandchildren.  I'm not sure how many she has.  It's in the teens.  It is a very sweet gesture.  Each quilt is different.  Most of them are scrappy -- we all know I LOVE scrappy quilts!


Finished or Not Friday has moved to Alycia's blog.  I LOVE her scrappy quilts!  I've been following her blog for several years.  I'm linking up today at Alycia Quilts -- Quiltygirl

I'm also linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

I'm joining Wendy's Quilts and More for the Peacock Party.


A new linkup to me is at my Bijou Life.  I'm linking to a Thursday party -- Creative Compulsions.

Creative Compulsions Link Up

Another new-to-me linky party is at Creations...Quilts, Art... Whatever...by Nina Marie.  There's lots of fun inspiration on her blog here.

Here's a picture of him confidently going into school.  He's so happy to be in middle school!  He did want to sleep in a little this morning and have me chauffeur him to school.  I was happy to do that instead of getting him up at 5:45 am to get the 6:30 am bus.  I can take him on my days off.



With the help of this toolbox and a little lock, EVERYBODY got a good night sleep last night!  Our son likes to get up in the middle of the night because he is so excited about something.  Lately he has been excited about school.  His technology (iPads and laptop and remote for the tv in his room) are locked safely inside.  This worked out great last night!!!



2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that 9 patch!!! I love them!! and the quilting was just perfect for it!! hmmm now to see what you quilt next!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely little quilt! And beautiful quilting! Thanks for linking up to Creative Compulsions!