Sunday, August 25, 2019

Patriotic Folk Animal Blocks

I'm putting one of my hand stitching projects together so that I have something when it's time to wait such as bowling practice (twice a week), the bus stop, substitute teaching, and speech therapy.  Since I already had these block pieces cut out I put them together yesterday.  I still need to stitch in the animal legs from bias strips.  Then I can let the hand stitching (embroidery x's for stars on the "flags", a mane, and tails.  I'm not sure what I'll do for eyes yet.)


Patriotic Folk Animals is a pattern in the book Americana Quilts by Sandy Bonsib.  I cut these pieces out last year around this time and set them aside.  Time to stitch...

I'm linking up at Em's Scrap Bag for Moving It Forward Monday.



Also linking up at What a Hoot! for BOMs Away.

2 comments:

patty a. said...

This will be a good project to work on while you wait and a good project to get done so you can cross it off your list!

Yvonne said...

Those animal blocks are so adorable!