Sunday, March 5, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

I had a couple more trips to the doctor this week.  My son (on Monday) had strep.  Then me (on Tuesday) had strep.  I'm still having the effects of something or other today.  Whee for Ohio winter.  Our son is much better (which is most important). 



My husband and I have been sharing what ever sickness we have now (he's cold I'm hot).  He's starving himself, I'm eating like it's my last day.  Both of us want to sleep 13 hours straight...
TMI Alert -- He's got it coming out one end--I have it coming out the other.

I started this project in December, 2016.  The pattern is called Homestead Harvest.  Below is a picture of the quilt I am making.  I am learning applique.  The pattern is from the book Simple Appeal, 14 Patchwork and Applique Projects for Everyday Living by Kim Diehl.
 
 
I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Click by and check out all the other GORGEOUS projects at today's linky party here.
 

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your applque project is very pretty, she's going to be a beautiful quilt! Sorry you all have been sick. Hope you are all better soon.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Being sick is no fun. Hope all are well very soon so you can get back to sewing.

CathieJ said...

I hope you all feel better very soon.

gayle said...

I hope everyone feels better fast!
Your applique is going really really well! Beautiful work!

Quilter Kathy said...

Now comes the little tiny circles to applique... that will be a challenge!
Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

There is a lot of nasty bugs going around. My theory is that my area has had a mild winter, meaning the cold isn't killing anything off. I really hope you feel better soon, we've had both the stomach bug and a strep-like infection in our house too. That is a lovely applique project! Take it easy.

Robin said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. That makes it hard to fell like doing anything.

maggie fellow said...

I like the applique over a pieced area - very nice looking work.

Needled Mom said...

YUCK. I hope you are all better soon.