Wednesday, March 29, 2017

WIP Wednesday 3.29.17

Spring break week is half gone already.  Holy cow.  But we're having fun.  Chuck E. Cheese on Monday... Zoo on Tuesday... Movie on Wednesday...  Who knows what Thursday will bring.  Playdate with BFF on Friday... Good times.

But I also got a few things done in the quilt world too:

My RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler quilt has made it to the flimsy stage.  Whohoo!



I also had time to load it onto the longarm frame and started quilting it with my Circle Lord Jesters.
 
The UPS man brought some amazing pantographs that I purchased off of Vickie (who had them for sale on the APQS forums) who got a new computer for her machine.  What a big box of fun for me!  Guess my guild will benefit by me learning how to follow pantographs this summer on more charity quilts.  These pantos will be loved and used for sure!


 
I've had a lot of scraps given to me that had not been sorted (3 garbage bags! from 3 different people!)  It looks like a bomb went off in my longarm room.  Luckily I have a little helper that LOVES to sort fabrics by color.  Here he is busy at work.

 
He was happy to get the table cleaned off enough for a puzzle break.  We will have to go to Lowes or Home Depot and get at least three new racks to store the tubs. $$$ but will be worth it.  It's awesome to have fun scraps, but if they aren't organized and you can't use them it's not as fun.  Count on some super scrappy backs for charity quilts this summer.


I got another broken dishes block done for the Block Lotto.



I got a few more berries (or buds) (circles none the less) sewn down on my Slow Stitchin' project.



I worked on a few Garden Party (Bonnie Hunter pattern from Addicted to Scraps book) blocks in red and white.  Oh how I love red and white little squares.



Linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.  Here's the linky party.
Sew Fresh Quilts
 
Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.  The linky party is here.
 
grab button for Quiltfabrication
 
I'm also joining in with Mama Spark's for WIPS with Friends.  Linky party here.
 
grab button for Mama Spark's World
 
2017 Finishes (listed by date)! 
1.   01.07.17  Country Roads, Humble Quilts Mystery 2015 here.
2.   01.13.17  Stars Stripes & Other Things quilt here.
3.   01.20.17  Candy Cane Mini quilt here.
4.   01.27.17  Sunbonnet Sue charity quilt here.
5.   02.17.17  Large Microwave Bowl Cozie
6.   02.17.17  Medium Microwave Bowl Cozie
7.   02.18-17  Small Microwave Bowl Cozie -- All Microwave bowl Cozies shown here.
8.   02.27.17  Sew Sweet Simplicity 2015 BOM by Jacquelynne Steves here.
9.   03.03.07  Allitare! 2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery here.
10. 03.10.17  Celtic Solstice, 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery here. 
 
Current WIPS 77 --
2017 New Projects...
1.  Bonnie Hunter Garden Party quilt

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Does your little helper rent himself out???? You've gotten so much accomplished.

Jayne Honnold said...

My goodness, but you are busy! What a beautiful quilt you show at the top; and the sorting of scraps is something I, too, have been undertaking lately. Fun, isn't it???

Allison said...

I love the individual blocks within each star. Even though this is a sampler quilt, it still has a nice even design to it. Congrats on the flimsy finish!

Susan said...

Sawtooth Sampler is a beauty - love your color choices! And lucky you on the scraps -have fun sorting and creating!

Rachel said...

Your sawtooth sampler looks great! And congrats on the pattern finds! Looks like a big box of fun! ;)

Kate said...

Your Sawtooth Sampler turned out beautifully! Happy stitching this week.