Tuesday, March 7, 2017

100 Day Challenge Progress Report, 60-Day Check In

Back on January 10, 217, I made this blog post to motivate myself to have more finishes than starts in 2017.  I'm happy to say I'm almost complete on all three items!  Check it out:

Stars Stripes & Other Stuff
Finished 1.13.17       46" x 46"



Sunbonnet Sue (Charity quilt for local quilt guild)
Finished 1.27.17     41" x 54.5"

 
My #3 Quilt Doodle Designs 2016 BOM is quilted and bound.  I still haven't decided what buttons to use for the eyes of the snowmen and Santas and such.  I'm not considering it 100% done yet.  Here it is fighting the Ohio wind and rain today.  Whew... glad I didn't drop a white quilt in the mud!
 
 
 
 
 
I'm linking up with Jen who blogs at Quilter in the Closet for the 60-day check-in here.
 
Grab button for 100 Day Challenge

I'm also linking up for Fiber Tuesdays at The Quilting Room with Mel.  It's a fun place to visit every Tuesday to see what others are doing.

Fiber Tuesday Link Party for all fiber crafts
 
I do have to say that I am feeling like I have been accomplishing major projects lately.  I FINISHED my 2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery, Allietare! on Friday.  You can read about it here.
 
I'm also excited to have the 2014 Bonnie Hunter Mystery, Celtic Solstice.  I FINALLY made a pieced back for it.  I can't wait for the grand reveal of it to you.  It's got a LOT going on.  It's got a ton of orphan blocks and piece parts and strips and big chunks of scrappy fun.
 
Here it is on the frame.  I'm so happy it's to this stage.
 

I am quilting it with Circle Lord giant template board called Egyptian Eye.  I wanted dense quilting but in a simple pattern.  This is the largest quilt I have put on my frame -- ever.  I'm using all but 2" of it.  We have a California King bed.  This has a huge drop.  I don't know exact measurements yet.  I put a larger border than planned on it just in case I have to square up the corners if it stretches a little.  So far so good... but it's not done yet.

 
 

4 comments:

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Beautiful! I haven't done Celtic Solstice yet, but it is high on my list.

Needled Mom said...

Looking forward to seeing the Solstice. Your Allietare looks wonderful.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

So many lovely quilts completed! Congrats on meeting (almost) your challenge goals.

Kim said...

Your Celtic Solstice is beautiful. I have that patterned saved for someday.