Monday, March 6, 2017

Moving it Forward Monday RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler



Welcome March!  My goal this month is to finish my Sawtooth Sampler quilt from the 2015 RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge).  This quilt will be a challenge to finish because I have less than half of the blocks complete.  You can see the details of the pattern on Angela's blog, SoScrappy here.

Here's what I have done:

 
18 blocks -- 7 blocks short!  PLUS the spacer blocks.  I may do something different for the spacer blocks to speed the process.  We'll see...  Wish me luck.
 
Before I knew it BROWN blocks were done! ...and then there were five left to do.
 
 
Then on Saturday this happened and the orange were done!
 
 
I popped another movie (or two) in the dvd player on my computer on Sunday and the green -- done!
 
 
Whohoo.  All the remainder of the Sawtooth Sampler blocks are complete!  Now on to assembly... but I have a couple other projects moving quickly up on the priority list.  I need to let these blocks set in my brain for a setting for a week or so.

 
 
Yep, you spotted it.  The Twirling 4-patch is spinning the wrong way... the Whirling Blades has the blade angled the wrong way.  But since I liked the outcome of both I left them like that.  Actually I really like the waythe way the Whirling Blades made a hexagon.  Shhhh.  Don't tell the quilt police.  The recipients of this quilt will never know unless they read this post.  And even at that they will still appreciate the quilt made with love. 
 
For my reference, blocks needed:
 
 
Linking up with Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making. 



Linking up with Show & Tell Monday with Bambi.

There's another linky party at Em's Scrap Bag.  Moving it forward, Monday!



I'm also linking up with Lynette at What a Hoot Quilts! for BOM's Away!  The link-up is at Katie Mae Quilts blog.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome Rainbow blocks. Keep on going and you will have this finished before you know it.

Needled Mom said...

Those will be so pretty.

evaj said...

Thank you for your inspiration and link Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi Hug

Kate said...

It's going to be a bright and fun quilt! Congrats on all the progress.