Saturday, March 4, 2017

RSC17 Scrap Happy Saturday -- Red

I'm not an overachiever.  But to me it looks like I got a lot of red plus blocks done this week.  But really I didn't.  I've been working on these as I've been working on my Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge.  As I made blocks using red scraps I cut a 2.5" strip and make leader/ender pieces (which are pluses.)

 
Red is the color of the month for the RSC17.  Whohoo!  That is what I am working on right now.  Check out Angela's blog, SoScrappy to see what others are adding to the Scrap Happy Saturday linky party.  grab button for SoScrappy

 
From Pat's blog, here's the layout.  I'm guessing at some of the positions in the blocks above.
 
Pat Sloan Solstice block 8 placement
 
In other RSC news... #12 is the UFO Project to work on for the month of March.  That just happens to be my RSC15 Sawtooth Star Sampler.  I have also set it as my OMG! to finish this month.  You can read more about those two challenges on my blog post here.
 
Here's what I have done:
 
18 blocks -- 7 blocks short!  PLUS the spacer blocks.  I may do something different for the spacer blocks to speed the process.  All my fabrics & scraps are sorted in bins by color.  Wish me luck.
 
For my reference, blocks needed:
 

17 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your plus blocks in red! Your collection of stars is great - they're so interesting with the different centers. Have fun finishing this one up!

Marly said...

Lovely scrappy plus blocks and your RSC 15 blocks look good too. I got sidetracked with that one too. My top has been in its box now for a year just waiting for layering and quilting!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its okay to be an overachiever! Own it - ha ha - great blocks!

Cathy said...

You are an overachiever, and that is wonderful!! Yep, I recognize the Sawtooth Stars from year before last, so you DO have a lot of work to do if you keep the original spacer blocks. But something tells me you'll come up with something simpler and just as stunning to make your goals!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like a productive week from here!! LOTS of beautiful RED scraps put to work in your various quilt blocks. I'm cutting squares each month for the "spacer blocks" for my RSC15 quilt and adding star points to my Slab blocks made during the last two years. Happy finishing!!

Laura said...

Lovin' the red plus blocks!

The Sawtooth Stars look very interesting with the unique centers!

Needled Mom said...

I love the Sawtooth Stars.

claudia said...

Lots of good stuff going on at your place! That second picture is so pretty!

a good yarn said...

Making leaders and Enders means you have blocks coming together quickly. The RSC2015 quilt looks great. Is the apat Sloan quilt a mystery one?

Nell's Quilts said...

The red pluses as leader ender blocks worked so well and look at the start you've got on March. Lovely red and white quilt in the works. The sawtooth stars are so pretty.

PaulaB quilts said...

That is quite a challenge and you are doing a great job. And your rainbow star blocks look lovely. I know you will have a good finish. Keep up the good work!

make.share.give said...

Wow! I love that big center star block.

make.share.give said...

Wow! I love that big center star block.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow, lots of red done. The sampler is looking good.

gayle said...

So much gorgeous red stitched up!
And wishing you luck on the sawtooth stars, as instructed, though I don't think you'll need any luck at all. 8)

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Red! Yay! :)

Suz J said...

Lots of RED happening at your place! Looks like lots of fun, and lots of progress. A good mix :o)