Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Tear Out Tuesday

Yes, the title of this post sounds negative.  I was quilting along singing my song on my Full Stop quilt, when all of a sudden I advanced the quilt and realized I had a bunch of loose stitches.  


I unrolled the quilt and started picking the loose stitches from the back vs. from the top.  Oh this process went so much easier.  The stitching is fine through the green brackets on this quilt.  The issue is because it was super cold in the quilting room.  When the machine is cold, the tension just isn't that perfect.  Now I'm not sure if I'll be able to re-wind it and start quilting after the room is heated really good, or if I should pick out all the area by the green brackets.  We shall see...  If I leave it in and roll the whole quilt on the bottom roller to get it stitched from almost the top to that point, I will do that.  I didn't move it left or right yet, so the rows should line up ok.  We shall see.

See, not every day in longarm quilting world is perfect.  It's always a learning process for me.  

I should have known it was too cold when there were little ice chunks in the water bottle that I keep up there to let me know how cold it is in the room.  My husband always tells me to just turn on the furnace.  But I'm a tight wad and don't like to pay the cost of fuel oil to quilt a quilt.  I'm okay to turn on my kerosene heater for a short amount of time to get the room warm.  (I only run it about 20 - 30 minutes.)


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Life is too short, turn on the heater. All the pain in the neck ripping is not worth it. My birthday is Thursday and I am ever aware of the fleeting time.

patty a. said...

What a bummer! I am sure you will have everything back in order quickly so you can get this top done.

Needled Mom said...

I ever imagined that cold would have that effect on quilting stitches. So sorry.