Sunday, March 6, 2022

Project Quilting Challenge #5 -- Rhythm & Repetition (Inspired by Bonnie Hunter's Next Sew Along)

 I made a cute little quilt to hang above the door of my quilting area.  I joined in on the fun for challenge #5 of Project Quilting.  This challenge was Rhythm & Repetition.  Hence the hearts in a row.


I'm linking up at Persimon Dreams for Project Quilting Challenge #5.

I really like the way I simply quilted this 23" x 6" banner by going around the edge and the hearts.  I used the pillowcase method and a nice, thick piece of batting to make it fluffy.  

These hearts were inspired by Bonnie Hunter's post about her next sew along called Hearts of Hope.

Check out all the details on Bonnie's Blog, Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!!  I'm so excited she's doing a SA!


7 comments:

doloresquilts said...

Pretty colores!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those, Kathy! Great idea! Now I want to make some. :)

PersimonDreams said...

it's beautiful!

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. Great idea for the challenge too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the blog so well and I hope you have something new for me to study.
ចាក់បាល់ Kick the ball

zdigitizing said...

thanks for sharing the blog

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet banner, Kathy! Did you quilt into the corners to give the pillowcased edge the appearance of "real" binding? From the photo, I thought you bound your project like normal.