Saturday, March 26, 2022

RSC22 -- Folk Art Birds

 This week I concentrated on more yellow scraps and made the blocks for my Folk Art Birds quilt.  That pattern is in the book called Making Quilts.


I also concentrated on making 3.5" rail fence blocks as leader/enders.  After I used all the 1.5" scraps for the Folk Art Bird blocks (above), it was easy to quickly cut the 3.5" pieces for the rail fence blocks.  Mission accomplished.  Yellow 1.5" strip scraps BUSTED!  I made 67 of these.


I amazing how fast this RSC project is going as a leader/ender project.

Can you believe it's the last Saturday in March already?  Wow, time is flying.  I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME



10 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that scrappy Folk Art Bird--so cute--nice work ;)))
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

So nice to see yellow blocks as it is gray and snowing here this morning.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your Folk Art bird! You're on a roll with the rail fence blocks, too. They're going to make a fun, scrappy quilt!

grammajudyb said...

Look at you go on your rail fence blocks. You are getting quite a pile of those, and your Folk Art bird is amazing!

scraphappy said...

So many pretty yellow blocks. I am always amazed at the power of leaders and enders.

Jenny said...

Is that a yellow chicken? It certainly looks bright and happy. Great work on the other blocks too.

Cathy said...

Oh, I like the Folk Art Bird. I think I have that book - is it by Kathy Doughty?

I made a big rail fence quilt a few years ago with little rails. I love it and rotate it as a quilt on my bed. Nice and scrappy! And they do mount up quickly, thank goodness!

Dorothy Wills said...

Wow you got a lot of blocks finished! Like your bird!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up the blocks for your YELLOW/GOLD Folk Art Bird quilt, Kathy!! Busting ALL the 1.5" scraps, too? Way to go, you!!!

Ivani said...

Fun Folk Art bird block. Pretty yellow blocks, Kathy. Great amount of rail fence blocks done!