Friday, March 18, 2022

The Grocery Bag Holder -- a Friday Finish

 This week I started making a sewing project to enter into the Project Quilting challenge at Persimmon Dreams.  I made this grocery bag holder using the tutorial I found here.


Sorry for the sideways photo.  I never figured out how to rotate a photo on Blogger.  Anywho...  I realized that I couldn't enter this as a project quilting project because it wasn't quilted.  I didn't really feel like putting batting between the outer fabric and the lining.  Let's just consider it a finished project.  I made a mug rug from the scraps of this project to enter the contest for Project Quilting.  It all worked out.

Off the Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties  at From Bolt to Beauty 
Peacock Party  at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun  at Powered by Quilting
Finished Not Friday at Alycia Quilts


4 comments:

patty a. said...

Cute bag holder! Looks like we are going to have a pretty nice weekend. Soon you and Owen will be heading out for bike rides and adventures.

Linda Swanekamp said...

NYS outlawed the plastic grocery bags. Except for takeout food. Dumb. Now I have to buy them on Amazon. I line my trash cans with them. I am not reusing cloth grocery sacks as the drips and such from foods and dirty grocery store belts are not appealing germs to carry. When I go to PA to see my daughter, she gives me a big sack of them. I love the bag you made- pretty and functional- doesn't get any better.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute idea!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Whoops! I almost made a similar mistake with this week's entry. Enjoy your bag holder, Kathy!