Saturday, March 5, 2022

RSC22 -- Playing with Yellow Scraps

I had fun using more light blue on the backgrounds of the Ice Lollies quilt (pattern by Latifah Safari).  Well... it was fun until I realized I didn't have enough of the blue.  That's okay.  My design change will incorporate some other light blue backgrounds for other blocks.  I used some yellow and then went back and made the red block for January.  These blocks go pretty fast.  I doubt if this will be an RSC quilt for long.  I may just start playing with other colors so that it can be a spring finish.  ...and yes, I didn't trim the blocks yet.  I'll do that before putting them all together.


Yellow is the color of the month for March.  I grabbed the yellow 2.5" strips in the strip bin and cut the ones that were long enough to make waffle blocks.  They have been in that bin long enough.  I made 18 waffle blocks.  Once the pieces are cut, these blocks go together rather quickly.  I started making waffle blocks in August of 2019 of the RSC19.  It's time this project got moved forward.


This week I finished another RSC project.  I started this one in January of 2021.  It is called Stay Centered.  You can read more about where to find the free Stay Centered pattern and size and such on my blog post here.  And on a happy, happy note... all the snow has melted and it's supposed to be in the 60's.  I LOVE the texture of this quilt quilted with the Egyptian Eye design.


Linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The waffle blocks look like fun. I love the Stay Centered finish. Looking forward to seeing the popsicle blocks come together.

Ivani said...

It sounds you had a lot of fun with those yellow blocks, Kathy.
Stay Centered is a lovely finish. Congrats!!!

Jenny said...

Your Iced Lolly blocks look delicious, good enough to eat! Waffles look great too, lots of sewing happening at your place.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome RSC quit finish, Kathy, and some nice productivity in YELLOW/GOLD!!