Monday, April 13, 2020

Unity -- Moving It Forward Monday

I really look forward to the clue that comes out each Monday on Bonnie Hunter's blog, Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!  Here's my first two rounds of the Unity quilt.


The first round I haphazardly let the neutrals fall where they may.  This round I did grey centers for the square-in-a-square blocks and paid careful attention to the light and dark neutrals to make the star points.

I love the soft effect of all these low-volume prints EXCEPT that cow print.  I am ripping that one out and replacing it with something more soothing.  When I have the piece on the floor now it looks like someone spilled ink on it.

There, the shouting out loud culprit has been removed.


This looks so much better.  Ahhhh.



I also like the inner border I used on clue 2.  It's little hunting dogs.  :)

3 comments:

patty a. said...

Good for you to rip out that cow print and replace it. I am sure you debated, but it probably would have driven you crazy. I really like what you have done so far. The gray was a great choice! It adds a nice subtle accent.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Kathy, it is really beautiful. It reminds me of a classic tile floor in a vintage building.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Soothing? Yes, Kathy. That's the PERFECT word to describe how your Unity QAL quilt is turning out!